I have recently been on a meeting with Ray Hammond, a person who loudly speaks about future. Presentation of the factors which will – in his opinion – impact the process of future forming was an interesting element of the event. These are some of them:
- World population (or rather over-population);
- Climate change (by preventing present processes which contaminate natural environment);
- Deficiency of feedstock needed to produce energy (stocks of petroleum and coal are already nearly depleted);
- Further global trade exchange development (an increase of trade means decrease of warfare);
- Medical progress (mainly nanomedicine and genetic technology – an average life expectancy will increase by 30-40 years);
- Technology progress and innovations (a robot with human abilities will come into existence in the following 30-40 years).
An interesting thing is that none of above factors is a surprise; I think most of the big civilization changes have been performed in the same way. Well, we’ll see in 100 years.