I found at BlueSteps interesting summary for CxO challenges . Just a quick summary in my post. For details and the perfect solutions for each of the points look at the Ford R. Myers article.
#1 – EGO
- Loss of control; feeling “out of control”
#2 – NO RESOURCES/SUPPORT/INFRASTRUCTURE
- Not accustomed to doing all the day-to-day administrative tasks yourself
- Technology impaired
#3 – HIGH-END JOBS HARD TO FIND OR TO DUPLICATE
- Search takes longer, and frustration can be greater
#4 – MAINTAINING HIGH COMPENSATION
- Difficult at all times, but especially tough in a bad economy
#5 – REACHING THE APPROPRIATE CONTACTS
- Higher barrier of entry; difficult to get through senior executives’ gatekeepers
#6 – JOBS FILLED INTERNALLY AT HIGH LEVELS
- Company does not want to take a risk bringing an outsider into such an important position
#7 – THERE’S MORE COMPETITION AT THE TOP
- There is only ONE President or CEO (and perhaps only FIVE Senior VPs, etc.)
#8 – AGE!
- Perceived as being too old, “washed-up” or “over the hill”
#9 – LOCKED IN PARADIGM (of being The Boss)
- Have been isolated and “cocooned” or “coddled” for too long
#10 – PERCEPTION OF OTHERS
- Not being taken seriously as a job candidate (“she doesn’t really need to work”)
Copyright 2010, Career Potential, LLC. Reprinted by permission of Ford R. Myers, a nationally-known Career Expert and author of “Get The Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring.” For information about career success services and products, please contact email@example.com.